Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mike Huckabee

Given that Mike Huckabee is, according to one poll, leading in Iowa, and since I'm not really enamored with Huckabee. I thought I would post throw this bit up about Huck by George Will:

Mike Huckabee's candidacy rests on serial non sequiturs: I am a Christian, therefore I am a conservative, therefore whatever I have done or propose to do with "compassionate," meaning enlarged, government is conservatism. And by the way, anything I denote as a "moral" issue is beyond debate other than by the uncaring forces of greed.

Further down:

Huckabee combines pure moralism with incoherent populism: He wants Washington to impose a nationwide ban on smoking in public, show more solicitude for Americans of modest means and impose more protectionism, thereby raising the cost of living for Americans of modest means.
Then there's this (pilfered from Hotair)

Eight solid minutes of video here and the closest we come to a specific reason is that Huck has “integrity” and could be “the people’s president.” Didn’t he read his own WND column?




Sphere: Related Content
Digg this

No comments: